Please note that due to the spread of COVID-19 all PSI testing centers are currently closed. The LREC will continue to accept applications at this time. However, new applications will remain in a pending status until these testing centers reopen. The LREC will begin issuing exam approval letters once PSI resumes normal operations.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
- You must show proof of successful completion of ninety (90) hours of real estate education in courses approved by the LREC.
- You must comply with all application procedures required by the LREC.
- You must pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination.
- You must be sponsored by a licensed real estate broker and provide proof of errors and omissions insurance prior to license issuance.
Salesperson Pre-Licensing Checklist
If you meet the above requirements, use this step-by-step guide to obtaining your Louisiana Real Estate Salesperson License.
For more information on each step of obtaining a Louisiana Real Estate Salesperson License review the topics listed on the sidebar of this page.