- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
- You must show proof of successful completion of ninety (90) hours of real estate education in courses approved by the LREC.
- You must comply with all application procedures required by the LREC.
- You must pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination.
- You must be supervised by a licensed real estate broker and provide proof of errors and omissions insurance prior to license issuance.
Salesperson Pre-Licensing Checklist
If you meet the above requirements, use this step-by-step guide to obtaining your Louisiana Real Estate Salesperson License.
For more information on each step of obtaining a Louisiana Real Estate Salesperson License review the topics listed on the sidebar of this page.