Chapter 53: 5319
The following excerpt from the Louisiana Rules and Regulations Chapter 53: 5319 pertains to renewing a pre-license instructor certification.
A pre-license instructor certificate shall be issued for a maximum period of one calendar year and shall expire annually on December 31, unless an application for renewal is submitted.
- Renewal of a pre-license instructor certificate shall require annual completion of 12 hours of approved continuing education during the current certification period. The 12 hours shall include four hours in the mandatory topic prescribed by the commission.
- Completed continuing education hours shall not include actual instruction hours.
Failure to renew a pre-license instructor certificate by December 31 shall result in the following action:
- Approval to provide real estate instruction shall be automatically suspended;
- The commission shall not accept any education courses for credit if the courses were instructed after the expiration of the pre-license instructor certificate;
- Delinquent applications for renewal of a pre-license instructor certificate shall not be accepted by the commission after January 31. Failure to renew during the prescribed delinquent period of January 1 through January 31 shall result in the forfeiture of renewal rights. Any pre-license instructor that becomes ineligible to renew shall be required to apply as an initial applicant.