LREC-approved education falls under three classifications:

  1. Pre-Licensing
  2. Post-Licensing
  3. Continuing Education

To become a provider of pre-licensing education, you must make application for a Real Estate School Certificate of Authority.

To become a provider of post-licensing and/or continuing education, you must make application for Vendor Certification.


Louisiana state and private colleges and universities that offer a real estate course as part of a regular curriculum are exempt from obtaining a certificate of authority; however, if courses are offered through a continuing education division, the college or university shall be required to comply with Chapter 53 of the LREC Rules and Regulations.

State vocational-technical schools and parish school boards that provide courses in real estate shall be required to apply for a Certificate of Authority and shall meet the requirements of a Certified Real Estate School.