How to File a Complaint
The easiest way to file a complaint is by using our online complaint form.
If you would prefer to fill out a paper form, you may use this Complaint Form and filing instructions and information. You may also call the Regulatory Compliance Division to request a complaint form or submit your complaint in letter format to the agency.
In some instances, it is questionable whether or not the complaint is one that is under the jurisdiction of the Commission. Compliance Officers are always available to discuss the situation prior to an official complaint being filed.
Written complaints should contain the following information:
- The name of the licensee, registrant or certificate holder against whom the complaint is being filed.
- A chronological narrative of the circumstances giving rise to the complaint.
- Name, address, and phone number of the person filing the complaint.
- Copies of all documents that have any bearing on the complaint, including, but not limited to, listing agreements, purchase agreements, leases, canceled checks, and agency disclosure forms.
Complaints Regarding Agency Actions
In compliance with Act 2018-655, the LREC gives notice to its licensees and applicants of their opportunity to file a complaint about commission actions and procedures. You may submit such complaints to one or more of the following organizations:
(1) LREC, 9071 Interline Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, Phone: (225) 925-1923; email@example.com
(2) Committee on House & Governmental Affairs; La. House of Representatives; PO Box 44486, Baton Rouge, LA 70804; (225) 342-2403; firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Committee on Senate & Governmental Affairs; La Senate; PO Box 94183, Baton Rouge, LA 70804; (225) 342-9845; email@example.com