To apply for a broker license you must:
- have been licensed as an active real estate licensee for four years, with two of the four years occurring immediately preceding submission of a broker license application.
- Certified License History documents must list the active/inactive status of your license showing that you meet this requirement (if you were previously/currently licensed in Louisiana a Louisiana certified license history is not required)
- have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED)
- show proof of successful completion of 150 classroom hours or its equivalent in courses specified and approved by the LREC
- comply with all application procedures required by the LREC
- pass the broker licensing examination
- must provide proof of mandatory errors and omissions insurance prior to issuance of a license
Broker/Associate Broker Pre-Licensing Checklist
If you meet the above requirements, use this step-by-step guide to obtaining your Louisiana Real Estate Broker or Associate Broker License.
For more information on each step of obtaining a Louisiana Real Estate Broker or Associate Broker License review the topics listed on the sidebar of this page.