Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, certain restrictions have been implemented, which temporarily suspended testing for real estate and appraiser licensing. Since the real estate and appraisal industries have been deemed essential by applicable state and federal authorities, the aforementioned restrictions have been modified.
Effective April 13, 2020, PSI will resume testing on a limited basis while administering all testing pursuant to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. The limited testing locations that are open are as follows: Lafayette, Shreveport and Metairie.
Please note, your decision to test at a PSI testing site during this time is strictly voluntary and at your sole discretion. The LREC/LREAB has granted exam authorizations to any applicant who submitted an application during the pendency of the COVID-19 public health emergency. Exam authorizations are valid for 90 days, but an extension of 30 days will be granted to any applicant who decides to test at a future date.
Please contact PSI directly for information related to testing sites, scheduling requirements, and cancellation and closure protocols.
To apply for a broker license you must:
- have been actively licensed, in any state/jurisdiction, for at least four years, with two of the four years immediately preceding submission of a broker license application
- have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED)
- show proof of successful completion of 150 classroom hours or its equivalent in courses specified and approved by the LREC
- comply with all application procedures required by the LREC
- pass the broker licensing examination
- must provide proof of mandatory errors and omissions insurance prior to issuance of a license
Broker/Associate Broker Pre-Licensing Checklist If you meet the above requirements, use this step-by-step guide to obtaining your Louisiana Real Estate Broker or Associate Broker License.
For more information on each step of obtaining a Louisiana Real Estate Broker or Associate Broker License review the topics listed on the sidebar of this page.