Obtain A License
This section of the LREC website is for use by all individuals and companies seeking to obtain a license or certification. Select the type of license you are interested in obtaining from the sidebar on this page for more information.
- Individuals or companies desiring to conduct real estate activity in Louisiana must make an application for a license or certificate with the Commission. Individuals who have been convicted of a felony shall complete and submit the following form: Felony Review Hearing Request
- Licenses may be issued in either the active or inactive status.
- Non-licensed individuals or companies shall not accept compensation in any form for conducting real estate activity in the state of Louisiana.
- Individuals or entities desiring to conduct business in Louisiana as a real estate school or continuing education vendor must make application for certification with the Commission.
- Individuals desiring to obtain education pre-licensing instructor certification must make application with the Commission.
- Individuals or companies intending to create a timeshare plan or to sell timeshare interests must first register with the Commission.