All applicants for a real estate license must provide a criminal background history, as part of the initial application process. The LREC suggests that you wait to order your background check until you have passed your real estate exam to avoid the expiration of your results. Background checks expire 180 days after being issued.
Note that obtaining your criminal background history information is only a part of the application process and completion of this requirement is not to be performed, nor will it be accepted by the LREC in place of submitting an initial application form.
ORDERING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK
- Each applicant must order a background check through this link.
- Fill in all required fields. You must use a credit or debit card in your name to process your background check. If the name on your credit or debit card does not match the name on your application you will receive an error message. If you do not have a credit or debit card in your name, you can email email@example.com to request an additional payment option. **If you do not have a credit/debit card in your name you will need to submit fee a check for $75.00 to process your background check. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to proceed with a check.
- Payments made to Clearbox are separate and apart from any initial application fees paid to the LREC.
- Upon submission of your background check request, the LREC will be able to view your background check results. You will receive an email receipt for your purchase.
- A signed written release to the information contained in your criminal background history is not required.
- Establishing and ordering your background check serves as consent for the information contained therein to be released to the LREC.
AFTER MY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND HISTORY IS ORDERED
- The LREC does not provide copies of background checks.
- Do not send your criminal background history to the LREC unless requested to do so.
- Remember that ordering your criminal background history is only part of the initial application process. If you have not already done so, don’t forget to submit the initial application form, and any other required documentation, to the LREC.
- A license must be issued within 180 days of the background check results or the background check will be considered expired.
Clearbox cannot answer questions about the initial application or licensing process. Contact the LREC Education and Licensing Division for these questions at 225-925-1923 or email@example.com.
The LREC cannot answer questions about or provide copies of an applicant’s background check. Contact Clearbox for questions regarding your background check at firstname.lastname@example.org