All real estate license applicants shall provide LREC with a completed Criminal Background History in conjunction with or after submission of their license application.
However, LREC recommends and prefers that all applicants successfully pass both the state and national exams prior to ordering a Criminal Background History. The Criminal Background History shall remain effective for up to a maximum term of one year from the official date of the completed report.
The Criminal Background History is only one part of the license application process, and it is recommended that all applicants review the pre-licensing checklist(s) for additional information:
- Salesperson Pre-Licensing Checklist
- Broker/Associate Broker Pre-Licensing Checklist
- Reciprocal Pre-Licensing Checklist
ORDERING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK
- Each applicant must order a criminal background history after submission of their license application.
- You must order your criminal background history through your MyLREC Portal, which you will receive access to once the LREC has received your application.
- The LREC recommends and prefers that all applicants successfully pass both the state and national exams prior to ordering a criminal background history. The criminal background history shall remain effective for up to a maximum term of one year from the official date of the completed report.
- A signed written release to the information contained in your criminal background history is not required.
- Establishing and ordering your background check serves as consent for the information contained therein to be released to the LREC.