ORDERING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK
- Each applicant must order a criminal background history after submission of their license application.
- You must order your criminal background history through your MyLREC Portal, which you will receive access to once the LREC has received your application.
- The LREC recommends and prefers that all applicants successfully pass both the state and national exams prior to ordering a criminal background history. The criminal background history shall remain effective for up to a maximum term of one year from the official date of the completed report.
- The criminal background history is only one part of the license application process, and it is recommended that all applicants review the Reciprocal Pre-Licensing Checklist for more information.
- A signed written release to the information contained in your criminal background history is not required.
- Establishing and ordering your background check serves as consent for the information contained therein to be released to the LREC.